This consists of 50 multiple choice questions. 43 points or more are required to pass your theory test.
Hazard Perception Test
This section consists of 14 video clips. The aim is to identify possible hazards whilst on the move e.g. road signs, pedestrians, traffic etc. You are required to get a minimum of 44 points out of 75 to pass this section.
Practical Driving Test
- The driving test lasts approximately 40 - 45 mins.
- Firstly you will be asked to read a number plate from a distance of 20.5m.
- Followed then by having two vehicle safety questions (often referred to as Show Me, Tell Me).
- Next is the practical part of your driving test where you will have to demonstrate your ability to your examiner that you can drive on various road and traffic conditions, safely and confidently.
During your test you will be asked to carry out one manoeuvre, this could be any one of the following:
- Turn in the road (also known as three point turn).
- Reverse parking on the road (also known as parallel parking).
- Parking in a car park bay.
- Reverse around a corner.
As part of your driving test, you will be asked to drive independently for about ten minutes. This is to test your ability to drive safely and to make the correct decisions on the move without help.
When your driving test has ended, your examiner will explain how you did during the test, and inform you whether or not you have passed.
How to Take a Test
All tests can be booked online: Click here to book your test online! Or by telephoning the DSA on: 0300 200 1122.